top of page
  • Writer's pictureCOMPASS

Has your child just left School?

The below information can be found on the Centrelink website. There will be a link at the end of this article.

Payments to help you while you study or complete an Australian Apprenticeship

We provide financial support to assist with costs while you finish school, undertake tertiary education, or undertake an Australian Apprenticeship or traineeship. These payments usually continue during semester breaks and between courses.

ABSTUDY provides help with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians who are studying or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship.

Assistance for Isolated Children Scheme helps parents and carers who mainly live in rural and remote areas with the extra costs of educating their children.

Austudy provides financial help to full time students and Australian Apprentices 25 years or older.

Youth Allowance provides financial help for people 16 to 24 years of age who are studying full time, undertaking a full time Australian Apprenticeship, training, looking for work or sick.

You may also be able to get additional support if you are a student or trainee.

Youth Disability Supplement provides additional financial support to young people with a physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability who receive certain income support payments.

Education Entry Payment and the Pensioner Education Supplement helps students or trainees who get specific income support payments to assist with the cost of study.

Relocation Scholarship helps certain students in higher education who are required to live away from their family home while studying.

Student Start-up Loan is a voluntary loan for eligible higher education students.

Student Start-up Scholarship helps with the upfront cost of study for certain eligible higher education students. From 1 January 2016, this scholarship is not available to new income support customers.

Payment Finder helps you find payments that may best suit your circumstances.

Online estimators let you estimate or compare payments on current or proposed circumstances.

As mentioned the above information can be found on the Centrelink is the link

22 views0 comments
bottom of page