Search
  • COMPASS

Presidential election, Our forecast: two weeks out


An article by Aberdeen Standard Investment


Biden to win?

We have increased the probability of Biden winning the US presidential election to 75% from 65%. Meanwhile, President Trump’s odds of re-election have fallen from 35% to 25%. But we continue to be wary of assuming that the race is a done deal. There is still the potential for last-minute risks to the frontrunner to materialise, as was the case in 2016.


Possible scenarios

We think the probability of a Democratic clean sweep (our base case) has risen to 50%. Meanwhile, the probability of Biden with a split Congress is down slightly to 25%. These predictions are based on ongoing strength and recent improvements in Biden’s polling, combined with financial and political challenges facing the Trump campaign.


We have shaved 5% off the probability that Trump wins the election with and without a Republican majority in the Senate. This leaves the probability of Trump winning with a split Congress at 20% and a 5% probability of a Republican clean sweep.






29 views

Any advice on this website is general in nature and does not take into account your personal circumstances, objectives and needs. Therefore, before making a decision, you should consider the appropriateness of the advice with regard to those matters. Please see our Financial Services Guide for more information.

COMPASS financial management (A.B.N. 43 235 905 061) is an authorised representative of Charter Financial Planning Ltd, Australian Financial Services Licensee

 

      02 6583 2211